OPENING OF LAW TERM 2017 - ISLAMIC SERVICE
The Muslim Legal Network (NSW), in conjunction with the Auburn Mosque Committee, take great pleasure in inviting the Judiciary, members of the legal profession and community members to Auburn Gallipoli Mosque to attend an Islamic service to mark the opening of the 2017 Law Term.
The service will be held from 6:15pm to 7:30pm on Thursday, 9 February 2017. Guests are requested to arrive at 6:00pm so that the service can commence on ti...me. The mosque is located at the corner of Gelibolu Parade and Dartbrook Road, Auburn.
We would appreciate if you could indicate whether you will be attending, to assist us with making the appropriate arrangements. You may forward your rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Auburn Mosque Committee has requested that the attendees kindly observe a modest dress code for the event: for example, we would be grateful if shoulders and knees were covered and high-necked shirts were worn.
We are very appreciative of your support and look forward to hosting you
Muslim Legal Network (NSW)
Can I attend if I'm not Muslim?
· Yes, everyone who wishes to is welcome to attend
· The Mosque is public place and open to all.
Can I enter a mosque without a headscarf?
· Yes, however, it is respectful for women to cover their heads with scarf or shawl and for men to wear an Islamic cap (neither are compulsory)
Will seating be available inside the Mosque?
· Traditionally, attendees at a Mosque are seated on the floor, however, chairs will be provided for those who prefer to use them
What should I wear?
· You will be required to remove your shoes before entering the Mosque, so you may wish to wear socks
· Modest dress, such as pants or dark stockings
· If skirts are worn, they should sit below the knee
· High necklines
· It is preferable to bring a scarf/shawl
Will refreshments be served?
· After the formal service, a light meal will be provided
Can I attend if I am not a practicing lawyer?
· Yes. Although the event is to mark the Opening of Law Term and legal professionals are encouraged to attend, the wider community is also welcome.
Is there public transport nearby?
· Auburn Train Station is a 5-10 minute walk from the Mosque
· Street parking is also available.
Can I join the prayer?
· Yes, you may join and follow the congregation.
Date posted: 2017-01-25 | posted by: muslimlegal